Handling of Personal Information
GALERIE DE POP Co., Ltd. (“the company”, hereafter) handles the personal information of our customers and business partners with the utmost care to ensure that they may securely purchase the products and services provided by the company. The company, its executives, and its employees are aware of the importance of protecting personal information, and strive to comply with all laws and ensure the maintenance and enhancement of the secure handling of this information.
Handling of Personal Information From Our Business Partners (“our customers”, hereafter)
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
When the company asks for the personal information of our customers, the purpose is in order to provide information that is necessary or will prove valuable when using the company’s services. When gathering the personal information to accomplish the following purposes, we will acquire the consent of the customer and notify and disclose our policy for handling the information.
- (Main Uses)
- To notify customers of sales / promotions conducted by the company.
- To confirm registration in an event or to distribute materials.
- To offer services such as alterations or to keep products on hold.
- To distribute the email newsletter.
- To send prizes, etc. for prize contests enrolled in.
- To respond to opinions or questions submitted by customers.
2. Restricted Use (Information will not be used for anything other than the intended purpose)
The company will utilize the personal information of customers for marketing, sales promotion, or in order to further enhance our services, and will not use the personal information for any other purpose. The company will utilize the information within the required scope and in line with the purpose of the business activities in question.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties (We will not provide information without consent)
In order to protect the personal information of our customers, the company will appropriately manage this information, and will not disclose it to a third party except in cases where one of the following applies.
- (Customer Consent)
- Cases where the customer has given their consent.
- (Required by Law)
- There are times when we are required by law to disclose the personal information of our customers to a third party.
- In cases where the company runs the risk of bearing legal responsibility, the company may disclose the personal information of our customers.
- (Sharing Within the Company)
- In order to respond to the needs of customers using the commercial facilities owned by the company and our stores, the company, the commercial facilities owned by the company, and our stores, may share the personal information of our customers and utilize it to provide valuable information to our customers. When sharing this information, appropriate measures will be taken to protect the information when disclosing.
4. Management of Personal Information (Audits will be conducted periodically and improvements made to safety measures)
The company has created a “Customer Personal Information Inquiry Contact” to respond promptly within reason to inquiries regarding the disclosure of customer personal information, changes to this information, and discontinuation of the use of this information.
5. Inquiries Regarding Personal Information (Disclosure, changes, discontinuation of use)
The company has created a “Customer Personal Information Inquiry Contact” to respond promptly within reason to inquiries regarding the disclosure of customer personal information, changes to this information, and discontinuation of the use of this information provided by our customers.
6. Website Content
The content of the company website is restricted by Japanese law. As a result, access from regions where the contents of our website are considered illegal will be prohibited.
7. Impact of Refusing to Provide Information on Our Website (The website may be used without registration)
Even in cases where customers do not register or provide their personal information, they may use our website. However, in such cases, customers may be unable to utilize certain services.
8. Website Security
We have utilized a mechanism known as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) that encrypts data before transmitting it on the pages of the company website where customers provide personal information. Even in the unlikely event that the transmitted data was viewed by a third party, there is no risk of the content being stolen. For the data on our server, we utilize a system known as a firewall for preventing unauthorized access. Using these technologies, we manage and protect the personal information registered by our customers, ensuring that it is not leaked externally.
9. Website Cookies
In order to provide enhanced convenience to our customers, the company website utilizes a technology known as “cookies”. “Cookies” are a technology that the company uses to recognize our customers’ computers. This technology does not allow us to identify the customers themselves. Customers may also choose to restrict the use of “cookies”. In these cases, customers may be unable to utilize a portion of our services.
10. Customer Personal Information Inquiry Contact
GALERIE DE POP Co., Ltd. Administrative Department Telephone: 03-6452-5180 (Mon to Fri 10:00 - 18:00) FAX: 03-6452-5181 (24Hrs)
This document was created on March 29th, 2005.
Any important changes will be clearly indicated on the company website.